Friday, July 17, 2009

Vacation! is over :(


My sister is a curator at the Tacoma Art Museum and I got to see the Avant -Garde jewelry as many times as I wanted for freeeee! (I have a family full of artists) YAY! so I went three times, and still did not get to reflect on all the pieces. It was fun to watch the 4 min. video on Nancy Worden and her studio. Here are some things she said That I can relate to :


"when you don't have enough piles of junk, you have no vocabulary" (Hear ya sister, lets get my hubby to agree! LOL )


"When it's another countries junk it seems more exotic" (like my french beads from the 20's)


"You basically look at EVERYTHING like a potential bead." (like my "baking" spools of thread some day to be a necklace or bracelet, they are not "done" yet.)


Above is one of my favs, I love the chandelier glass that fells lavish, and the contrast of the old broken coke bottles. the poor maid and dusting the queen's sparkling crown. You must see this piece in person!







No comments:

Post a Comment